Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/charleslawyers/public_html/wp-content/themes/lawoffice/admin/includes/type-reviews.php on line 187

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/charleslawyers/public_html/wp-content/themes/lawoffice/admin/includes/type-reviews.php on line 187


Daniel Charles - migracion
Panama-Pacific Permit: Foreigners hired by companies based at the special economic Panamanian area of Panama – Pacific may apply.

Permit from the City of Knowledge Foundation: Foreigners who enter Panama as researchers, teachers, entrepreneurs, technicians and students with the purpose of supporting with the project of the City of Knowledge may apply.

Pensioned Tourist Permit: Foreigners who receive a pension by a foreign government, international agencies or private enterprise and come to Panama to reside permanently and have sufficient income to meet all living expenses may apply.
Retirement or pension should be a monthly income of US$ 1,000 dollars and must be granted for life. Another option is the purchase of real estate (properties) for a sum exceeding one hundred thousand dollars (US$ 100,000) reducing the monthly rent to US$ 750.

Once you have the status as Pensioner or Retiree, you may be entitled to discounts on shopping centers, public services, etc.
Major discounts:

  • 25% discount on the purchase of airline tickets
  • 50% discount on closing costs for buying a house
  • 15% discount for purchase at fast food restaurants
  • 25% discount for purchase at restaurants
  • 15% discount for health care in hospitals (it is based on their insurance)
  • 20% discount in buying medicines
  • 25% discount in electricity service of their residence to 600 kw
  • 30% discount on buying a bus or boat ticket
  • 50% discount in cinema, entertainment and sport events

Married to Panamanian Permit: To apply for this permit, foreigners must have married a Panamanian and must live in conditions of singularity, stability and continuity within the marriage status.

The marriage of foreigners with Panamanians does not provide the right of residence in Panama. As established within the immigration laws, the National Migration Service may deny entry or residence to foreigners married with Panamanians due to health reasons, integrity, public safety, economic or social need.

Friendly Countries (“Países Amigos”) Visa Permit: In 2012, the Government of Panama issued a presidential decree that provides rapid visa permits to nationals from 50 “friendly countries”. This visa or permit is for friendly countries with professional and economic relations with the Republic of Panama.

Friendly Countries are:

  • Germany
  • Andorra
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Brazil
  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • Cyprus
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia
  • Denmark
  • Spain
  • United States of America
  • Estonia
  • Slovak
  • France
  • Finland
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Hong Kong
  • Israel
  • Ireland
  • Mexico
  • Kingdom of the Netherlands
  • Japan
  • Norway
  • Czech Republic
  • Switzerland
  • Singapore
  • Uruguay
  • Sweden
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Lithuania
  • latvia
  • Malt
  • Republic of Korea
  • Republic of Serbia
  • Republic of Montenegro
  • United Kingdom (England, Scotland and Wales)
  • South Africa
  • new Zealand
  • Luxembourg
  • liechtenstein
  • Monaco
  • Most Serene Republic of Marino
  • Taiwan
  • Paraguay

Retiree Visa:
This permit is also known as “Immediate Panama Passport” permit.

This visa ensures a permanent residence when you are retiree and have a minimum income of US$ 2, 000 per month from deposits in a State Bank. Once you get this visa you will get a passport similar to a Panamanian passport but the nationality of origin will not be specified.

Panama has two gubernamental banks: Caja de Ahorros and Banco Nacional de Panamá. These banks are the ones that are commissioned by law to withhold the funds until residence is approved.

For 5 years the deposit must remain intact, and the withdrawal of funds will cause breach of the law and will result in the loss of rights granted by the law.

A residence for a period of 5 years will be granted which can be renewed under the same conditions established by law.

Marrakesh Agreement Permit: Foreigners entering to work in companies with fewer than 10 Panamanian workers may apply in relation to the Marrakesh Agreement, adopted by the Government of Panama.

To apply for this permit, foreigners hired by a private company must have a monthly salary of at least US$ 1,000 dollars.

Foreign Professional Permit: With this Permit, professional foreigners with University degrees can qualify to apply for permanent residence in Panama, which allows you to implement your profession under the same rights without any discrimination as Panamanian professionals.

This permit is regulated by Decree 804 of October 9, 2012, which grants foreigners with University degrees or that are not vetted by the National Constitutional for Panamanians to live and work in Panama.

What aspects are taken into account to apply as a professional foreign?

  • Have a University degree or Master’s degree or Postgraduate Diploma or equivalent.
  • Be free of criminal records.

What careers are eligible?

Professions that are eligible for Foreign Professionals Permit are varied but we will quote you some examples:

  • Administration
  • Public administration
  • Logistics
  • International Trade
  • Master in Management
  • Master of International Business
  • Graduate business, etc.

Note: these careers are just an example but the list is longer.

What are the careers intended by the Constitution for Panamanians?

  • lawyers
  • Doctors / Medical
  • odontologists
  • nurses
  • Civil Engineers
  • architects
  • pharmacists
  • Chiropractors
  • psychologists
  • nutritionists
  • Journalists
  • Agricultural science
  • Public relations
  • social Tallymen
  • economists
  • veterinarians
  • physiotherapists
  • Audiologists, therapists, etc.
  • Specialists Laboratories (Lab Technicians)
  • Civil Engineers
  • Medical Assistants
  • accountants
  • Barbers
  • cosmetologists
  • Dentists assistant
  • sociologists
  • Engineers (All kinds of engineering)
  • Chemists.

Permit to Foreigners with Panamanian children: This permit was created for foreigners with Panamanian children -age 5 and older- and they may request the residence.

Panamanian Nationality: After having the permanent residence permit for more than 5 years, and in case of having permanent residence for being married with Panamanian for more than 3 years, you will be able to apply for Panamanian nationality.

Immigration inquires?

For pricing or further information about the different visa alternatives, kindly contact us at info@charleslawyers.com.pa. One of our attorneys will get back to you as soon as possible in order to guide you through the requirements and process to become a resident in Panama.